Basic Metal Shop SBU
In this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class, learn to use the cutting and shaping tools most commonly needed when working with metal. The tools work best on materials at least 3 mm (1/8”) thick (max. 25 mm), but some will work on thinner material as well. These tools are designed to work with steel and aluminum. Get hands-on experience using the vertical and horizontal band saw, cold saw, drill press, pedestal grinder, and disc sander.
This class is the perfect companion to the machine shop and welding classes.
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisits apply.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via .
- Member Price*: AED 320 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 380 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum age: None!
- During class, all 12 to 14-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 12 to 14-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 15 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makerspace as a member!
- Please refer to our Minors & Shop Access Policies for more information.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 1
- Maximum number of registrations: 4
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
- Eye protection, and short sleeves.
- Pull back hair, remove all jewelry, and do not wear gloves.
- Advisable: Hearing protection
|Member Price: AED 320.00||includes VAT|
|Non-Member Price: AED 380.00||includes VAT|
Saturday, 28. August 2021
17:30 - 20:30 (3 hrs)
3 seats available
3 seats total
add to cart
Member Price: AED 320.00
Non-Member Price: AED 380.00