MIG Welding 2: Make Better Welds
After completing the MIG Welding safety and basic use (SBU) class, you can practice specific joints and improve weld bead quality under guidance of an instructor.
In this class, many different joints will be discussed, including those required from professional certified welders. This will be an opportunity for you to ask specific questions about welding, or about your project. The instructor will guide you through the class, but will also focus on your own project, for it to turn out as you planned. Participants will perform at their own rates.
- Guided practice with the instructor. You can also bring your project and ask the instructor any questions you have.
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- Successful completion of MIG Welding SBU prior to taking this class.
- An understanding of working with metal is recommended. We recommend taking Basic Metal Shop SBU prior to this class.
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member Price*: AED 320 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 380 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum age: None!
- During class, all 12 to 14-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machine outside of class time, 12 to 14-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 15 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makerspace as a member!
- Please refer to our Minors & Shop Access Policies for more information.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 1
- Maximum number of registrations: 4
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
- Closed-toed shoes made of natural fibers or leather, natural fiber or leather long sleeved shirt, natural fiber or leather long pants.
- Advised: Leather welding jacket, leather welding pants, leather boots, respirator, and hearing protection.
|Member Price: AED 320.00||includes VAT|
|Non-Member Price: AED 380.00||includes VAT|