3D Printing: Ultimaker SBU
Quickly and easily create a physical object from a computer model by literally printing the part as it goes. This is an easy way to prototype your parts before machining or injection molding.
In this class, you will learn how to import, prepare and print your three-dimensional parts using the Ultimaker 3D Printer. We will cover the hardware of the 3D printers, the software and parameters and troubleshooting for common personal printers. By the end of session, you will have all the information and knowledge necessary to use this machine for all your 3D printing needs.
- Learn to effectively use our 3D printing software and operate our machines. Print a small 3D part.
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisits apply.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via .
- Member Price*: AED 320 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 380 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: None!
- During class, all 8 to 11-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 8 to 11-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 12 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makerspace as a member!
- Please refer to our Minors & Shop Access Policies for more information.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 1
- Maximum number of registrations: 4
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
|Member Price: AED 320.00||includes VAT|
|Non-Member Price: AED 380.00||includes VAT|