Water world Discoveries - Build a Steam Boat
The STEAM program covers the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
Looking for an exciting class once a week for your young innovator? Engage and inspire your kids this break with a unique experience at Makerspace STEAM program.
Have your kids learn science and apply it to solve practical engineering challenges. Your young innovators will learn how to use state-of-the-art technology and how mathematics is useful to create projects. Let your little ones dive deep into science while embracing their creative side.
Contact the Front Desk 02 558 8624 for more information or sign up your kid directly by booking a seat.
Build a Steam Boat
Water: an element that we can take for granted sometimes, as we use it for drinking, cooking, washing, watering...but do you know where the water you use actually comes from in the first place? Learn more about this everyday essential for life, from steam to floatation, with hands on experiments including building your own mini boat which we will try out in the test pool.
Why do water striders stand on water?
> Surface Tension: Resistance of liquid to spread and showing cohesion
Why do things float?
> Archimedes Principle: Fundamental principles of buoyant bodies
What makes the steam boat move?
> Thermodynamics & Matter States: Change of water condition with temperature turning liquid into steam
Why does it keep moving?
> Siphon Effect: Self re-fuelling engine which pulls water into the engine, heats it up and expels it back into the pool
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member Price*: AED 220 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 250 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: 15
- No parental supervision is necessary! Kids will be supervised by TechShop staff!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisites apply.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 4
- Maximum number of registrations: 12
- Please note that this class requires a minimum number of FOUR registrations to proceed.
- If registrations do not reach this number, TechShop retains the right to cancel the class.
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Parents will be notified the day prior to the class start in case of any changes.
class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
|Non-Member Price: AED 250.00|