Keep Rolling! Magnetic Ball Track
The STEAM program covers the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
Looking for an exciting class once a week for your young innovator? Engage and inspire your kids this break with a unique experience at Makerspace STEAM program.
Have your kids learn science and apply it to solve practical engineering challenges. Your young innovators will learn how to use state-of-the-art technology and how mathematics is useful to create projects. Let your little ones dive deep into science while embracing their creative side.
Contact the Front Desk 02 558 8624 for more information or sign up your kid directly by booking a seat.
The Magnetic Ball Track
This class offers the opportunity to discover the physical properties and different natures of materials, create a magnetic field and a track within for a ball to move along. Using the field energy to make the ball move continuously back and forth on the track.
Why is coil winding and how is it used?
> Coil Winding: is the manufacturing of electromagnet using current, and loops of wires. Coils are used as components of circuits, where they provide the magnetic field as part of electrical machines such as motors and generators, loudspeakers and microphones.
What is a magnetic field? and how to create and electromagnet?
> Magnetic Field: A region around a magnetic material or a moving electric charge within which the force of magnetism acts.
> Electromagnet: a magnet that uses an electric current to generate its magnetic field.
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via
- Member Price*: AED 220 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 250 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: 15
- No parental supervision is necessary! Kids will be supervised by Makerspace Al Zeina staff!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisites apply.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 4
- Maximum number of registrations: 12
- Please note that this class requires a minimum number of FOUR registrations to proceed.
- If registrations do not reach this number, Makerspace retains the right to cancel the class.
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Parents will be notified the day prior to the class in case of any changes. Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
|Non-Member Price: AED 250.00|