Combined TIG & MIG Welding SBU
Welding is the process of fusing materials together.
Learn how to use both TIG (tungsten inert gas) welding and MIG (metal inert gas) welding equipment in this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class.
- Guided practice with the instructor
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisits apply.
- An understanding of working with metal is recommended. We recommend taking MTL103 Basic Metal Shop SBU prior to this class.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member & Non-Member Price: AED 816 per student
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum age: None!
- During class, all 12 to 14-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 12 to 14-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 15 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at TechShop as a member!
- Please refer to our Minors & Shop Access Policies for more information.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 1
- Maximum number of registrations: 3
- Please note that this class requires a minimum number of ONE registration to proceed.
- If registrations do not reach this number, TechShop retains the right to cancel the class.
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Mandatory: Closed-toed shoes made of natural fibers or leather, natural fiber or leather long sleeved shirt, natural fiber or leather long pants. Welding hood, gloves and jacket will be provided by TechShop.
- Advised: Leather welding jacket, leather welding pants, leather boots, respirator, and hearing protection.
|Members and Non-members: AED 816.00||Includes VAT|