Fascination Light! Mobile phone microscope
The STEAM program covers the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
Looking for an exciting class once a week for your young innovator? Engage and inspire your kids this break with a unique experience at Makerspace STEAM program.
Have your kids learn science and apply it to solve practical engineering challenges. Your young innovators will learn how to use state-of-the-art technology and how mathematics is useful to create projects. Let your little ones dive deep into science while embracing their creative side.
Contact the Front Desk 02 558 8624 for more information or sign up your kid directly by booking a seat.
Mobile Phone Microscope
The microscope will enable the students to observe a whole new world that is invisible to the naked eye. The class will teach the students about the different kinds of lenses and they are used in our daily life. The process of building the microscope involves different kinds of material such as: Plastic, Wood and Metal.
What is acrylic?
> Material Properties: It’s a type of plastic sometimes called acrylic glass. It’s often used in sheet form as a lightweight or shatter-resistant alternative to glass.
How do lenses work and what are they used for?
> Lens: is a transparent piece of glass or plastic with at least one curved surface. A lens works by refraction: It bends light rays as they pass through it so they change direction.
What are the different types of lenses?
> Parameters: There are two main types of lenses, known as convex (or converging) and concave (or diverging).
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member Price*: AED 220 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 250 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: 15
- No parental supervision is necessary! Kids will be supervised by Makerspace Al Zeina staff!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisites apply.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 4
- Maximum number of registrations: 12
- Please note that this class requires a minimum number of FOUR registrations to proceed.
- If registrations do not reach this number, Makerspace retains the right to cancel the class.
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Parents will be notified the day prior to the class start in case of any changes.
class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
|Non-Member Price: AED 250.00|