Don't move it! Backpack Alarm
The STEAM program covers the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
Looking for an exciting class once a week for your young innovator? Engage and inspire your kids this break with a unique experience at Makerspace STEAM program.
Have your kids learn science and apply it to solve practical engineering challenges. Your young innovators will learn how to use state-of-the-art technology and how mathematics is useful to create projects. Let your little ones dive deep into science while embracing their creative side.
Contact the Front Desk 02 558 8624 for more information or sign up your kid directly by booking a seat.
Don’t move it - Backpack Alarm
In this class the students will implement the concepts of electric circuits and vibration sensors to build the cool backpack alarm. The students will learn about many different electric circuit components (LED’s, Transistors, Capacitors, Resistors ...).
What is a resistor?
> Brainstorming: A resistor is a passive two-terminal electrical component that implements electrical resistance as a circuit element. In electronic circuits, resistors are used to reduce current flow.
What is a transistor?
> Brainstorming: A transistor is a semiconductor device used to amplify or switch electronic signals and electrical power.
How do sensors work?
> Explaining concepts: Sensors detect and then transform some properties of the real world, such as temperature, mass, speed, pressure, etc. to some electrical signal that we can measure.
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via email@example.com
- Member Price*: AED 220 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 250 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: 15
- No parental supervision is necessary! Kids will be supervised by Makerspace Al Zeina staff!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisites apply.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 4
- Maximum number of registrations: 12
- Please note that this class requires a minimum number of FOUR registrations to proceed.
- If registrations do not reach this number, Makerspace retains the right to cancel the class.
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Parents will be notified the day prior to the class in case of any changes. Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
|Skill Deer Booking: AED 176.25|
|Non-Member Price: AED 250.00|