- If your membership is not active (for example, it has expired or has not been started yet), you will need to activate your membership at Front Desk before you can request a reservation.
- Members may not reserve and operate 2 pieces of equipment simultaneously.
- Equipment may be reserved from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 4 hours (due to their popularity, Laser Cutters and 3D Printers have a maximum time limit of 2 hours)
- Only 1 reservation per single piece of equipment may be made per day and only 3 reservations may be made on any single piece of equipment per week.
- When the booking is made, 1 hour lead time is required before reservation starts. If member A is using a machine without reservation, member B cannot reserve it immediately and ask member A to leave the machine. 1 hour heads up must be given to member A to finish up. Front Desk staff should be able to over-ride this rule if the machine is not being used and the member needs to reserve it immediately.
- Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times, in all areas.
- In areas that involve working with high temperatures, like welding, metal casting and powder coating, long-sleeved shirts and long pants are required. Clothing should be made from natural fibers or leather, so it doesn't melt if it contacts something hot.
- When using most power tools, especially drills, saws, mills and lathes, you must wear short-sleeved shirts, pull back long hair securely and remove any hanging jewelry.
- Check your class listing for mandatory and advisable safety equipment.
- Equipment or clothing listed as mandatory must be worn or used while working with that equipment or taking that class. TechShop will have loaner items for mandatory safety equipment, with the exception of shoes and other types of clothing. Many of these items will be for sale in the lobby; arrive early if you need to borrow or purchase safety gear.
Equipment listed as advisable is a suggestion from TechShop, but not mandatory. These items are generally not available as loaners from TechShop. They may be for sale in the lobby.
- Lots of other TechShop members share this equipment with you, so please do not abuse your reservations privileges. If you can‘t make your reservation, please cancel it from your reservation list page or call us at 02 558 8624 as soon as you know, so we can make the time slot available for other members.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your reservation, and you haven‘t called to let us know, you forfeit that reservation.
If we decide to change our Equipment Policies and Procedures, we will post those changes on this page, and/or update Equipment Policies and Procedures modification date below. This policy was last modified on February, 2017.
If there are any questions regarding this policy, you may contact us using the information in Contact us.