Sheet Metal Basics SBU
Learn to safely use the tools most commonly needed to work with sheet metal. Get first-hand experience using the straight shear, corner notcher, finger brake (also called a box brake or pan brake), rotary punch, bead roller and beverly shear in this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class. Gain the knowledge to shear (cut), fold, bend, and punch holes in sheet metal.
This class is the perfect companion to the sand blasting and powder coating, and welding classes.
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisits apply.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via email@example.com.
- Member Price*: AED 320 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 380 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum age: None!
- During class, all 12 to 14-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 12 to 14-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 15 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makerspace as a member!
- Please refer to our Minors & Shop Access Policies for more information.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 1
- Maximum number of registrations: 4
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
- Eye protection, and short sleeves.
- Pull back hair, remove all jewelry, and do not wear gloves.
- Advisable: Hearing protection