CNC Vinyl Cutter and Heat Press SBU
Are you ready to start making your own professional quality heat pressed shirts at Makerspace?
In this hands-on class, you'll learn all the basics of using our heat press to add your own graphic designs to shirts, blankets, flags, bags and more!
Learn to use the computer-controlled (CNC) vinyl cutter and heat press in this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class. Import vector (outline) designs from graphic software such as CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator into FlexiStarter, the software used to control the vinyl cutter. Next, use the CNC vinyl cutter to cut an adhesive vinyl sheet into professional looking signage or ready-to-apply paint masking as well as heat transfer vinyl for heat pressed shirts. This is a great tool for making screens for silkscreen printing, too!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The camp will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisits apply.
- An understanding of vector-based graphics is recommended, but not necessary. We recommend taking CorelDRAW for CNC prior to this class.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member Price*: AED 320 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 380 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: None!
- During class, all 8 to 11-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 8 to 11-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 12 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makerspace as a member!
- Please refer to our Minors & Shop Access Policies for more information.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 1
- Maximum number of registrations: 6
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.