Robotics Camp Level 1
Build and Program your own Robot!
Students unleash their creativity, have fun building and programming robots in this creative and competitive program!
As part of the session, our trainer will take students on an immersive experience to understand the very basics of Robotics and get hands on practical experience on the different knowledge areas of Robotics. Participants will work intensively to build a robot and program it with different behaviours by adding and removing different components and writing different codes.
This is a great program to get hands on coding with Arduino, and learn about sensors and electronics. Students will use tools, materials and components available at Makerspace Al Zeina to put together and modify their own robot. We will be working on two behaviours: Movement design and control via code and following a line on the floor using IR sensors. At the end of this program students will keep their projects to continue their exploration and learning journey! As the Robot design is open-ended they can in the future fabrication parts and modify the design and functionality of the robot.
Winter Camp, Robotics Level 1 Schedule
- Camp Dates: Program starts on Sunday 13th of December 2020 and ends on Thursday 17th of December 2020. Sessions will be held on daily basis at Makerspace Al Zeina facility.
- Sessions start at 9:30am sharp, and end at 1:30pm.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum age: 15
- No parental supervision is necessary during sessions!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The camp will be conducted in English.
- Online offer price: AED 1,060 per student.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 4
- Maximum number of registrations: 8
- Due to health and safety concerns the number of participants is limited to the above limit.
- If registrations do not reach the minimum number, Makerspace retains the right to cancel the camp.
- Parents will be notified 48 hours prior to the camps' start in case of any changes.
Camp fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation (except in the instance where the camp does not go ahead, in which case registration cost is reimbursed in full), please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- We have implemented all necessary precautionary measures to ensure that all our makers can enjoy this workshop in safe and clean environments. We cannot offer drinks or snacks, so please bring your own water bottles. Should you notice the slightest signs of illness or unusual tiredness, we kindly ask you to stay at home.
- Social distancing is applied, participants are requested to wear masks at all times.
- Clossed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us:
Phone: +971 2 5588624