Robotics Camp Level 2
Challenge yourself, with more Robotics this Winter Break!
Build and program your own Robot!
After completing Level 1 Robotics, and getting introduced to this fascinating technological field, now you feel confident in your hardware and coding skills and of course you are looking for a bigger challenge! We designed this camp to take your knowledge to the next level and dive into new and challenging Robotics projects.
Level 2 Robotics is a more advanced step, in this program you will get to use the things you learned before and apply to it to real world robotics problems.
This is a great program to get hands on coding with Arduino, and learn about sensors and electronics. Students will the tools, materials and components available at Makerspace Al Zeina Facility to put together and modify their own robot.
Topics covered in this program:
- Mechanical systems
- Electrical systems
- Coding with Arduino
- Sensors; Ultrasonic, IR and other
- Controlled behaviour vs Autonomous behaviour
- Motors; DC vs Servo
- Cleaning Robot behaviour and obstacle avoidance
Winter Camp, Robotics Level 1 Schedule
- Camp Dates: Program starts on Sunday 27th of December 2020 and ends on Thursday 31st of December 2020. Sessions will be held on daily basis at Makerspace Al Zeina facility.
- Sessions start at 9:30am sharp, and end at 1:30pm.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum age: 15
- No parental supervision is necessary during sessions!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The camp will be conducted in English.
- Students registered for this camp must have completed successfully Robotics Level 1 Camp.
- Online offer price: AED 1,160 per student.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 4
- Maximum number of registrations: 8
- Due to health and safety concerns the number of participants is limited to the above limit.
- If registrations do not reach the minimum number, Makerspace retains the right to cancel the camp.
- Parents will be notified 48 hours prior to the camps' start in case of any changes.
Camp fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation (except in the instance where the camp does not go ahead, in which case registration cost is reimbursed in full), please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- We have implemented all necessary precautionary measures to ensure that all our makers can enjoy this workshop in safe and clean environments. We cannot offer drinks or snacks, so please bring your own water bottles. Should you notice the slightest signs of illness or unusual tiredness, we kindly ask you to stay at home.
- Social distancing is applied, participants are requested to wear masks at all times.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us:
Phone: +971 2 5588624