Silkscreen Printing Basics SBU
In this hands-on class, learn the basics of silkscreen printing. Makerspace makes it easy by using vinyl stencils rather than photo-emulsion. Prepare a vinyl stencil, transfer onto a screen, apply ink to fabric through screen, and then heat set the ink. It’s that simple.
Want to print a t-shirt using your own artwork? Bring a simple black and white drawing that will be cut by hand. Participants who have passed the Vinyl Cutter Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class may bring in a pre-cut design to use. Otherwise, choose from several designs provided. Get ready to start making custom silkscreened t-shirts!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisits apply.
- An understanding of vector-based graphics is recommended. We recommend taking CorelDRAW for CNC prior to this class.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via .
- Member Price*: AED 420 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 480 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: None!
- During class, all 8 to 11-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 8 to 11-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 12 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makerspace as a member!
- Please refer to our Minors & Shop Access Policies for more information.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 1
- Maximum number of registrations: 4
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.