Be aware of the Cabinet Monitor
The STEAM program covers the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
Looking for an exciting class once a week for your young innovator? Engage and inspire your kids this break with a unique experience at Makerspace STEAM program.
Have your kids learn science and apply it to solve practical engineering challenges. Your young innovators will learn how to use state-of-the-art technology and how mathematics is useful to create projects. Let your little ones dive deep into science while embracing their creative side.
Contact the Front Desk 02 558 8624 for more information or sign up your kid directly by booking a seat.
Security has been a hot topic everywhere in the last decade. Every person loves to keep his/her belongings safeguard. Student will learn about a special electronic component that is sensitive to light (Photoresistor). They will build a special cabinet alarm to monitor activities done on the cabinet.
What is LDR?
> LDR: Light Dependant Resistor (Photoresistor). It has a (variable) resistance that changes with the light intensity that falls upon it.
What is the electronic component called transistor?
> Transistor: Is a miniature electronic component that can do two different jobs. It can work either as an amplifier or a switch.
How can we use the Photoresistor sensor?
> Photoresistor sensor: Can be used in alarms, switching devices, clocks, street lights and more. It is used to turn ON or OFF a device according to the ambient light.
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via
- Member Price*: AED 220 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 250 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: 15
- No parental supervision is necessary! Kids will be supervised by Makerspace Al Zeina staff!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The camp will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisites apply.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 4
- Maximum number of registrations: 12
- Please note that this class requires a minimum number of FOUR registrations to proceed.
- If registrations do not reach this number, Makerspace retains the right to cancel the class.
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Parents will be notified the day prior to the class start in case of any changes.
class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.