Plaster Moldmaking and Slip Casting
Ever wondered how mugs or plates are made? How is it done, so that they all look exactly the same in shape? In this class we will create ceramic cups through the process of slip casting using plaster molds, we will be exploring the nature of slip and plaster as well as how to make plaster molds. We will cover how to make a one piece mold as well as the process to make a two piece mold.
Get ready to get your hands dirty in this engaging hands-on class! The instructor will guide you through the process of moldmaking and you will be able to create a your own mold that will later on be fired in our kiln by our technicians.
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisits apply.
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via .
- Member Price*: AED 320 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 380 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: None!
- During class, all 8 to 11-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When working on further projects at Makerspace, 8 to 11-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Members who are 12 years and above can come to Makerspace for your projects, whenever you work at Makerspace as a member!
- Please refer to our Minors & Shop Access Policies for more information.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 1
- Maximum number of registrations: 3
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.